What to do if you have a problem?

Follow this checklist...

  • Register a complaint with the DMV Investigations Unit at the nearest office. The DMV does take such complaints seriously, and if they get enough complaints about some of the problem dealers, they will take action.
  • Notify the dealer. Often dealers will remedy the situation if presented with the facts.
  • Get the facts. If the problem is collision damage, have the car inspected and get a written report of the inspection. If the problem is the odometer, get the documents that show the tampering
  • If you are not able to get the problem resolved with the dealer, consult a lawyer.

San Diego Lemon Law Center | The Law Office of Michael E. Lindsey
Tel: (858) 270-7000 Fax: (858) 270-7710 | 4455 Morena Blvd., Ste. 207 San Diego, CA, 92117 (see map)

General Information Only

The information in the San Diego Lemon Law Center pages is for general information only and is not intended to be taken as legal advice. If you have a specific legal question or problem, please feel free to contact us or you should promptly consult with an Attorney handling such matters in your area for advice.